Rave reviews secure gardens top award
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth beauty spot has bagged a prestigious award after being ranked among the top attractions on the world’s largest travel review website.
Connaught Gardens has been presented with a coveted ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by TripAdvisor following consistently glowing feedback from visitors.
To qualify for the award, the East Devon District Council (EDDC)-owned gardens had to maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, and rank among the top 10 per cent of hospitality businesses worldwide.
EDDC chairman Councillor Stuart Hughes said: “I’m delighted that once again our award-winning Connaught Gardens have picked up another accolade, this time from visitors around the world who have taken the time to complete the online TripAdvisor survey.
“This is a testament to the dedicated work put in by our StreetScene gardeners in making the gardens such a pleasant, peaceful and tranquil area to visit while on holiday or visiting Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“The friendly staff of the Clocktower Café have also played their part in gaining this award.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall