Rave reviews secure gardens top award
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth beauty spot has bagged a prestigious award after being ranked among the top attractions on the world’s largest travel review website.
Connaught Gardens has been presented with a coveted ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by TripAdvisor following consistently glowing feedback from visitors.
To qualify for the award, the East Devon District Council (EDDC)-owned gardens had to maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, and rank among the top 10 per cent of hospitality businesses worldwide.
EDDC chairman Councillor Stuart Hughes said: “I’m delighted that once again our award-winning Connaught Gardens have picked up another accolade, this time from visitors around the world who have taken the time to complete the online TripAdvisor survey.
“This is a testament to the dedicated work put in by our StreetScene gardeners in making the gardens such a pleasant, peaceful and tranquil area to visit while on holiday or visiting Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“The friendly staff of the Clocktower Café have also played their part in gaining this award.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday