Readers’ letters: How about floodlights for Sidmouth’s all-weather sports pitch?
Opinion - ‘First-class facility is shamefully underused’
It was encouraging to read that the floodlights proposal for Sidmouth Football Club has been given support from the local community and the town council.
The town continues to support an incredible breadth of sporting activities, all at a credible level across the age groups.
With this in mind, it is so disappointing and embarrassing to see a first-class facility so shamefully under-used at Sidmouth College.
I, of course, refer to the lack of floodlights at the all-weather pitch facility, restricting both the college and the local sports community from using an outstanding resource over the winter months.
You may also want to watch:
With the advent of much-improved lighting technology and the sensible use of a time curfew, perhaps this can be the next venture that continues to support our town’s commitment to leisure, sport and, ultimately, a healthier community?
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
Manstone Mead, Sidmouth
Click here to read how plans for floodlights at Sidmouth Town AFC have been supported