Record breaking open day for Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
Prospective students turned out in their hundreds as part of a successful open day at Sidmouth College.
Staff and students spoke to a record breaking 490 visitors who came to look round the school last Wednesday.
Visitors were able to meet the college’s new principal Sarah Parsons, take a tour with students and hear from current year seven students about their time since joining the school in September.
The school also put on a range of activities including baking bread and making key rings.
Mrs Parsons said: “The sun has shone on the college today for our most successful open morning and evening. We have had more visitors to the college than ever before and I have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback from visiting parents.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a testament to the fantastic work that is taking place in the college. A special mention needs to go to all our student ambassadors who did a fantastic job and were a real credit to the college.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites