Record sales for RNLI in Beer
Beer RNLI is ‘delighted’ after record sales from it new sales kiosk at Jubilee Gardens in 2011.
Figures released by the Seaton, Beer and District branch of the lifeboat charity show almost �40,000 was raised last year from RNLI souvenirs, Christmas cards, calendars and diaries.
And �36,850 of the money came from the newly-built souvenir kiosk at Top Cliff in Beer.
Planning permission was granted in January to replace the 11 year-old building, which was badly in need of repair.
It was opened in time for the summer season, with a team of volunteers helping out to sell a record amount of gifts and goods.
Wendy Cummins, branch secretary, said: “Once again we thank everyone in our area for their support to our branch of the RNLI and all our volunteers for their hard work in 2011.
“We wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to a busy and successful 2012.”
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Ottery resident honoured by Spanish principality
- 3 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 4 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 7 Tell us a Story
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 9 Book your space in the Ottery Tent at 2022 Food and Families Festival
- 10 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
The RNLI also raised a total of �11,500 through branch events, donations and collection boxes, including more than �550 from its ‘35th Annual Sponsored Walk’ from Hangmans Stone to Seaton.
As part of the RNLI national SOS Day events there will be a coffee morning next Saturday, January 21, from 10am to noon at the Mariners Hall in Beer.
And on the following Saturday there is a quiz night at Beer Social Club on Berry Hill, starting at 8pm, teams of 4 with �1 entry.
Both are part of the main RNLI SOS Day that is held on Friday, January 27, for more details visit rnli.org.uk/sos.