Red Lion campaigners host share open day
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners at Sidbury’s last pub are sharing their vision of it as a community hub as they try to inspire financial backing from regulars.
Sidbury Community Enterprises has commissioned an architect to help plan the redesign, and also have artists’ impressions of how the revamped Red Lion could look.
They will be on display at the two open days, today (Friday) and next Saturday (May 3), as they aim to sell at least £200,000 of shares before May 23.
Group chairman Fred Burnett said: “These two open days will give the public an opportunity to fully understand why we are trying to raise funds through this community share offer, and to also see what our ideas are for upgrading and redesigning the public areas of the Red Lion.
“Anyone who is interested in understanding more about how our village pub could be improved and how Sidbury Community Enterprises intends to develop the Red Lion and support our local community is very welcome to attend these Open Days.
You may also want to watch:
“If they also bring their cheque books and purchase shares then that will be a real and much welcomed bonus.”
Shares are available in multiples of £50, up to a total of £20,000 each.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The open days will be at the village hall from 10am until 4pm on both days.