Reduced hours at Sidmouth MIU after staff shortage
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s minor injuries unit will be open for four-days-a-week from Monday (June 1) due to a staff shortage.
Health bosses have apologised to patients for the reduction of the service, which will be in place until the end of the month at the earliest.
The MIU will be open from 10am to 6pm on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Patients needing to use the service outside of those times will be signposted to Honiton and Exmouth hospital, which remain open from 8am to 10pm seven-days-a-week.
Rob Sainsbury, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust’s director of operations said: “We apologise for any disruption the temporary reduction in service may cause.
You may also want to watch:
“There are very few staff employed at Sidmouth MIU, which means it’s very difficult to cover staff shortages at short notice.”
He stressed that the MIU will be available at the town’s busiest periods including Sidmouth Folk Week.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Mr Sainsbury said: “The reduction in hours is necessary to ensure we continue to provide a safe service for local residents.
“We are doing our best to resolve the issues as soon as possible and will provide a further update as soon as we can.”