Reduced hours at Sidmouth MIU after staff shortage
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s minor injuries unit will be open for four-days-a-week from Monday (June 1) due to a staff shortage.
Health bosses have apologised to patients for the reduction of the service, which will be in place until the end of the month at the earliest.
The MIU will be open from 10am to 6pm on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Patients needing to use the service outside of those times will be signposted to Honiton and Exmouth hospital, which remain open from 8am to 10pm seven-days-a-week.
Rob Sainsbury, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust’s director of operations said: “We apologise for any disruption the temporary reduction in service may cause.
You may also want to watch:
“There are very few staff employed at Sidmouth MIU, which means it’s very difficult to cover staff shortages at short notice.”
He stressed that the MIU will be available at the town’s busiest periods including Sidmouth Folk Week.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Mr Sainsbury said: “The reduction in hours is necessary to ensure we continue to provide a safe service for local residents.
“We are doing our best to resolve the issues as soon as possible and will provide a further update as soon as we can.”