Reduced hours at Sidmouth MIU after staff shortage
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s minor injuries unit will be open for four-days-a-week from Monday (June 1) due to a staff shortage.
Health bosses have apologised to patients for the reduction of the service, which will be in place until the end of the month at the earliest.
The MIU will be open from 10am to 6pm on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Patients needing to use the service outside of those times will be signposted to Honiton and Exmouth hospital, which remain open from 8am to 10pm seven-days-a-week.
Rob Sainsbury, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust’s director of operations said: “We apologise for any disruption the temporary reduction in service may cause.
“There are very few staff employed at Sidmouth MIU, which means it’s very difficult to cover staff shortages at short notice.”
He stressed that the MIU will be available at the town’s busiest periods including Sidmouth Folk Week.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
Mr Sainsbury said: “The reduction in hours is necessary to ensure we continue to provide a safe service for local residents.
“We are doing our best to resolve the issues as soon as possible and will provide a further update as soon as we can.”