Register to have your say on plans to cut community hospital beds in East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Health bosses say spaces are filling up fast and are urging people to secure a place at public meetings
Residents are being urged to secure a chance to have their say on plans to cut hospital beds in East Devon.
Health bosses say a series of consultation events on plans that would see Sidmouth lose its 24 inpatient beds are fast filling up - but have promised that if demand proves too high, they will host additional meetings.
The first public talks held by the NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) will take place at The Knowle in Sidmouth on Monday, November 7, at 1pm to 3.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm.
There are four options on the table and two of them, including the preferred choice, would see Sidmouth Victoria Hospital lose all of its inpatient beds. The public is being asked to determine where the remaining beds should be located.
You may also want to watch:
The CCG says the changes will enable a move away from hospitals to a home-based model of care and would help plug a £384million funding deficit by 2010/21.
But campaigners argue the proposals are ‘flawed’ and are urging people to fight against any bed cuts.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
The CCG says people need to register to guarantee a place.
To register, call 01392 356084 or email d-ccg.YourFutureCare@nhs.net.
The consultation document is available online at www.newdevonccg.nhs.uk.
Paper consultation forms can be picked up from Sidmouth’s hospital, library, leisure centre, town council offices and pharmacies.
The following public consultation events are being held:
• Knowle, Sidmouth: November 7, 1pm to 3.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm.
• Ocean, Queens Drive, in Exmouth: November 8, 1.30pm to 4pm.
• Exmouth Community College: November 22, 5.30pm to 8pm.
• The Beehive, Honiton: November 10, 10am to 12.30pm.
• Whipton Community Hall: Exeter, November 18, 2.30pm to 5pm.
• St Luke’s College, Exeter: November 21, 6pm to 8pm.
• Seaton Town Hall, November 24: 2pm to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm.
• The Beehive, Honiton: November 29, 12pm to 2.30pm.