Relationship counselling on offer for Sidmouth carers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A specialist counselling service is offering carers in Sidmouth someone to talk to after a grant from the Devon Community Foundation.
Relate has 18 trained counsellors who operate out of its office in Exeter, and cover most of the county.
It is dedicated to helping people from all walks of life have happy relationships, but is offering reduced rates for counselling to carers.
A spokesman said: “Caring full time for another person can have an impact, not only on the carer, but also on their relationships.
“They often have little time to themselves or their partners and it can lead to resentment in a relationship.”
You may also want to watch:
Those eligible are people who look after partners, relatives, children with disabilities, or other forms of caring.
The bursary from the Devon Community Foundation mean they will pay a significantly lower fee than regular users of the counselling, and any young carers who would like to use the service will be seen free of charge.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
Rebecca Wellaway, manager of Relate Exeter and District, said: “We hope that carers will come forward to seek counselling.
“We understand that being a full-time carers can have severe financial consequences and this grant will help to alleviate the costs of coming to relate.”
For further details contact 01392 275681, or visit www.relateexeteranddistrict.co.uk.