Relationship counselling on offer for Sidmouth carers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A specialist counselling service is offering carers in Sidmouth someone to talk to after a grant from the Devon Community Foundation.
Relate has 18 trained counsellors who operate out of its office in Exeter, and cover most of the county.
It is dedicated to helping people from all walks of life have happy relationships, but is offering reduced rates for counselling to carers.
A spokesman said: “Caring full time for another person can have an impact, not only on the carer, but also on their relationships.
“They often have little time to themselves or their partners and it can lead to resentment in a relationship.”
You may also want to watch:
Those eligible are people who look after partners, relatives, children with disabilities, or other forms of caring.
The bursary from the Devon Community Foundation mean they will pay a significantly lower fee than regular users of the counselling, and any young carers who would like to use the service will be seen free of charge.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Rebecca Wellaway, manager of Relate Exeter and District, said: “We hope that carers will come forward to seek counselling.
“We understand that being a full-time carers can have severe financial consequences and this grant will help to alleviate the costs of coming to relate.”
For further details contact 01392 275681, or visit www.relateexeteranddistrict.co.uk.