Residents to see new Ottery police base in October
OTTERY S new Broad Street police facility will open to the public on October 15, as the town s officers move into their new base this weekend.
OTTERY'S new Broad Street police facility will open to the public on October 15, as the town's officers move into their new base this weekend.
It is calimed the totally re-furbished premises in the Old Convent will offer residents a "better level access", including an enquiry office.
Police bosses are yet to reveal if the new base will be manned by a civilian clerk, saying only the project is still "evolving".
Devon and Cornwall Police chief superintendant Jo Tennant said Ottery's neighbourhood policing team will have a "presence" in the base there from today.
You may also want to watch:
She said an open evening is planned for October 15, adding: "I'm delighted with the move and am sure it will enhance the level of service within the locality".
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again