Residents to see new Ottery police base in October
OTTERY S new Broad Street police facility will open to the public on October 15, as the town s officers move into their new base this weekend.
OTTERY'S new Broad Street police facility will open to the public on October 15, as the town's officers move into their new base this weekend.
It is calimed the totally re-furbished premises in the Old Convent will offer residents a "better level access", including an enquiry office.
Police bosses are yet to reveal if the new base will be manned by a civilian clerk, saying only the project is still "evolving".
Devon and Cornwall Police chief superintendant Jo Tennant said Ottery's neighbourhood policing team will have a "presence" in the base there from today.
You may also want to watch:
She said an open evening is planned for October 15, adding: "I'm delighted with the move and am sure it will enhance the level of service within the locality".
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman