Two Sidmouth town councillors step down
- Credit: Archant
Voters have a chance to request elections in the East and South Wards of Sidmouth Town Council, following the resignation of Louise Thompson and John Rayson this week for personal reasons.
John Rayson had been a town councillor since 2015 and Louise Thompson since 2019.
The chairman of Sidmouth Town Council, Councillor Ian Barlow, said: “Both John and Louise brought their own unique skills to the council, which benefited many of the projects we are still working on.
“They put a considerable number of hours into their work as councillors on behalf of the community. Their presence in the chamber will be missed.”
For an election to take place, 10 or more voters in the relevant ward must request one.
You may also want to watch:
The requests must be signed and sent to the Returning Officer at East Devon District Council or sent electronically, with a scan of the elector’s signature, to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday, July 2.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98