Two Sidmouth town councillors step down
- Credit: Archant
Voters have a chance to request elections in the East and South Wards of Sidmouth Town Council, following the resignation of Louise Thompson and John Rayson this week for personal reasons.
John Rayson had been a town councillor since 2015 and Louise Thompson since 2019.
The chairman of Sidmouth Town Council, Councillor Ian Barlow, said: “Both John and Louise brought their own unique skills to the council, which benefited many of the projects we are still working on.
“They put a considerable number of hours into their work as councillors on behalf of the community. Their presence in the chamber will be missed.”
For an election to take place, 10 or more voters in the relevant ward must request one.
You may also want to watch:
The requests must be signed and sent to the Returning Officer at East Devon District Council or sent electronically, with a scan of the elector’s signature, to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday, July 2.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out