Two Sidmouth town councillors step down
- Credit: Archant
Voters have a chance to request elections in the East and South Wards of Sidmouth Town Council, following the resignation of Louise Thompson and John Rayson this week for personal reasons.
John Rayson had been a town councillor since 2015 and Louise Thompson since 2019.
The chairman of Sidmouth Town Council, Councillor Ian Barlow, said: “Both John and Louise brought their own unique skills to the council, which benefited many of the projects we are still working on.
“They put a considerable number of hours into their work as councillors on behalf of the community. Their presence in the chamber will be missed.”
For an election to take place, 10 or more voters in the relevant ward must request one.
You may also want to watch:
The requests must be signed and sent to the Returning Officer at East Devon District Council or sent electronically, with a scan of the elector’s signature, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Thursday, July 2.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book