Reunion plans call for projector
CALLING all photographers. David Lee, who is busy planning a school reunion for the Class of 64 who went to Woolbrook Secondary Modern, needs to borrow a projector. Ideally it should be an auto-slide projector so I can project images during the reunio
CALLING all photographers. David Lee, who is busy planning a school reunion for the Class of 64 who went to Woolbrook Secondary Modern, needs to borrow a projector.
"Ideally it should be an auto-slide projector so I can project images during the reunion," said David, who is keeping the contents of the slides close to his chest to protect the surprise he hopes to see on the faces of those who attend.
He is a bit of an expert at organising reunions, having been involved in one in 1994 for former pupils from Year Four of the school.
Then more than 50 former pupils and partners attended and, said David, they had been left school 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
"We are now approaching our late 50s and have decided the time is right to do the whole reunion thing over again, our thinking being that it must be easier the second time around," he said.
The second reunion committee has fixed the date for June 21 at Sidford Social Hall from 7.30pm.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
David said: "As with the first reunion there will be a bar and buffet and a great night of nostalgia for everyone to enjoy.
"We hope those unable to attend last time will not miss out this time around.
The reunion is open to any pupil at Woolbrook School in 1964 as they would have been the last ones there before the school transferred to the new Sidmouth College in 1965.
If you would like a ticket or can help with loaning a projector please contact David on (01395) 513743, Linda Manuel (01395) 577305 or Margaret Pring (01393) 514118 evenings.
There is also a blog to check out at www.woolbrook 64.blogspot.com.