REVEALED: East Devon’s new Marks and Spencer store scheduled to open in October
- Credit: Archant
The outlet will be built in place of the former Turks Head Garage in Honiton.
East Devon’s new Marks and Spencer store is expected to open in mid to late October, the Herald can reveal.
Work is currently ongoing on building the new store - which is returning to the town eight years after it left Honiton’s Lace Walk precinct.
The outlet will be built in place of the former shop at Turks Head Garage, which is being redeveloped by oil giant BP.
No details have been revealed of how the store will look, but a spokeswoman confirmed it is expected to open in a few month’s time.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We aim to open as quickly as possible once the work has been completed. Likely that means a mid to late October opening date.”
BP created a partnership with M&S in 2005, and there are more than 200 M&S Simply Food at BP Connect stores across the country.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
District planners gave BP the green light earlier this year to upgrade the site in Turks Head Lane.
As part of the works, the old sales building has been demolished.
The plans also propose a new canopy and fuel pumps, and a new car wash.