Revival night planned for Children In Need and more news
Revival night planned for Children In Need at Sidford Socail Hall. Read this and more news.
REVIVAL: AN 80’s revival night will take place at Sidford Social Hall in aid of Children in Need on Friday, November 18. There will be a bar, food, and disco. Fancy dress is optional. All proceeds will go to charity charity and everyone is invited. Tickets (�10) are available from organisers on (01395) 516565.
JUNCTION WARNING: The southbound exit slip road of Junction 29 of the M5 will be shut during October half term as part of Devon County Council’s ongoing scheme there and on the A30. The closure will be in place from 8pm on Friday, October 21, until 6am on Monday, October 31, to enable construction work to be carried out safely. The scheme will open up access to the Exeter and East Devon Growth Point which includes the Exeter Science Park and Skypark business development. Both are expected to create more than 10,000 jobs and generate around �450million in private sector investment.
PHOTO CAUTION: Parents of children at Sidmouth C of E Primary School have been reminded not to put photographs of other youngsters on social network websites like Facebook.
LIGHTS: BBC Spotlight presenter Louise Hubba, whose report on Sidmouth’s Indian summer and its affects on the town, will switch on this year’s Christmas Lights in the town centre at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and Sidmouth Town Council organise the evening and, unlike many towns this year, Sidmouth has decided to stick to tradition and spend out on the festive lights.
Following on from this, on Friday, December 2, Sidmouth’s late night shopping event will take place, with plenty of entertainment in store for all ages.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
SKYDIVE: Account executive Gemma Ambrose, 24, has given �160 to Whitley Wild Life Trust for Paignton Zoo after a charity sky dive last month, watched by her parents who live in Temple Street, Sidmouth.