Ribbon cut at Ottery’s new Sainsbury’s
Supermarket giant opens doors in town for first time this morning.
The new Sainsbury’s store in Ottery was opened today by the town’s Mayor Glyn Dobson.
The 22,000 square foot superstore is open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
The mayor was on hand to cut the ribbon on the Hind Street supermarket with manager Warren Knight and welcome the first shoppers at 9am this morning.
Mr Knight said: “Today is a big day for us and for the town, and one we have all been looking forward to for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“The store will allow people to carry out their weekly bulk shopping trip in Ottery rather than having to travel to Honiton or Exeter to do this.
“At the same time, shoppers will be able to visit the town’s independent shops.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 9 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 10 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
See this Friday’s Ottery Herald for the full story and pictures.