Ribbon cut at Ottery’s new Sainsbury’s
Supermarket giant opens doors in town for first time this morning.
The new Sainsbury’s store in Ottery was opened today by the town’s Mayor Glyn Dobson.
The 22,000 square foot superstore is open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
The mayor was on hand to cut the ribbon on the Hind Street supermarket with manager Warren Knight and welcome the first shoppers at 9am this morning.
Mr Knight said: “Today is a big day for us and for the town, and one we have all been looking forward to for some time.
“The store will allow people to carry out their weekly bulk shopping trip in Ottery rather than having to travel to Honiton or Exeter to do this.
“At the same time, shoppers will be able to visit the town’s independent shops.”
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 'Like a moth to a flame...'
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
See this Friday’s Ottery Herald for the full story and pictures.