Ribbon cut at Ottery’s new Sainsbury’s
Supermarket giant opens doors in town for first time this morning.
The new Sainsbury’s store in Ottery was opened today by the town’s Mayor Glyn Dobson.
The 22,000 square foot superstore is open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
The mayor was on hand to cut the ribbon on the Hind Street supermarket with manager Warren Knight and welcome the first shoppers at 9am this morning.
Mr Knight said: “Today is a big day for us and for the town, and one we have all been looking forward to for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“The store will allow people to carry out their weekly bulk shopping trip in Ottery rather than having to travel to Honiton or Exeter to do this.
“At the same time, shoppers will be able to visit the town’s independent shops.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
See this Friday’s Ottery Herald for the full story and pictures.