Ribbon cut at Ottery’s new Sainsbury’s
Supermarket giant opens doors in town for first time this morning.
The new Sainsbury’s store in Ottery was opened today by the town’s Mayor Glyn Dobson.
The 22,000 square foot superstore is open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
The mayor was on hand to cut the ribbon on the Hind Street supermarket with manager Warren Knight and welcome the first shoppers at 9am this morning.
Mr Knight said: “Today is a big day for us and for the town, and one we have all been looking forward to for some time.
You may also want to watch:
“The store will allow people to carry out their weekly bulk shopping trip in Ottery rather than having to travel to Honiton or Exeter to do this.
“At the same time, shoppers will be able to visit the town’s independent shops.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
See this Friday’s Ottery Herald for the full story and pictures.