Ring found at Sidmouth samba gig
Band finds ring and appeals for owner to contact them
A WOMAN who was watching a performance by local samba band Street Heat in Sidmouth during Folk Week may have lost her engagement ring during the show.
As members of the band packed up after the performance in the Market Square last Wednesday night, (August 4), they found the ring, which they believe may have been dropped by one of the spectators.
A spokesman for Street Heat said: “We have no way of knowing whether the ring was dropped by a local person or someone who was here on holiday – but the woman is no doubt very upset to have lost it, as it will be of sentimental value.
“We will keep the ring in a safe place and, if the loser would like to contact us and describe the ring in detail, we would be delighted to return it to her.”
You may also want to watch:
Call the band’s bookings number - 07895 904 139 - or make contact via its website: http://www.street-heat.co.uk/.
*Street Heat is the second oldest samba school in the South West, created originally in Exmouth in 1991. Currently performing in Jersey for the Battle of the Flowers, one of the successful band’s favourite gigs is busking in Sidmouth during FolkWeek. It contributes money to the Francisco Rojas School in Arequipa, Peru, from its profits.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences