Ring found at Sidmouth samba gig
Band finds ring and appeals for owner to contact them
A WOMAN who was watching a performance by local samba band Street Heat in Sidmouth during Folk Week may have lost her engagement ring during the show.
As members of the band packed up after the performance in the Market Square last Wednesday night, (August 4), they found the ring, which they believe may have been dropped by one of the spectators.
A spokesman for Street Heat said: “We have no way of knowing whether the ring was dropped by a local person or someone who was here on holiday – but the woman is no doubt very upset to have lost it, as it will be of sentimental value.
“We will keep the ring in a safe place and, if the loser would like to contact us and describe the ring in detail, we would be delighted to return it to her.”
You may also want to watch:
Call the band’s bookings number - 07895 904 139 - or make contact via its website: http://www.street-heat.co.uk/.
*Street Heat is the second oldest samba school in the South West, created originally in Exmouth in 1991. Currently performing in Jersey for the Battle of the Flowers, one of the successful band’s favourite gigs is busking in Sidmouth during FolkWeek. It contributes money to the Francisco Rojas School in Arequipa, Peru, from its profits.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council