River Otter beaver update
- Credit: Archant
Residents eager to find out more about the first baby beavers born on the River Otter are invited to attend a public meeting.
Devon Wildlife Trust (DWT) and partners in the River Otter Beaver Trial will update people on the future of the project at The Institute, Ottery St Mary on Tuesday, July 14, from 7.30pm.
DWT’s Mark Elliott said: “This is a chance for us to share what we now know about the beaver population on the river – their health, their genetic diversity and the areas of the river they currently inhabit.”
The trial will monitor the effects of beavers on the local landscape, wildlife, communities, farms and infrastructure until the year 2020.
Attendees at the meeting will be able to put questions to the DWT team about the future of the project and likely changes to the size of the beaver population.
You may also want to watch:
The management of any problems created by beaver activity will also be addressed.
There is no need to pre-book places for the meeting.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead