RNLI’s Seaton and Beer District branch celebrates 50 years
- Credit: Archant
The group will host its annual table top sale on Saturday, January 28, in Beer’s Mariners Hall.
The Seaton and Beer District branch of the RNLI will mark 50 years of fundraising next weekend with its annual SOS table-top sale.
To mark the occasion, branch secretary Wendy Cummins has organised a display from the archives.
The group was formed by Barbara Harding in aid of the RNLI. The Arun lifeboat Roy and Barbara Harding was named after her and her late husband, who was trials officer for the RNLI.
Following a successful 2016, the branch will begin its year of fundraising with the sale on Saturday, January 28, in the Mariners Hall from 9am to 13.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be able to browse stalls including bric-a-brac, books, cakes, preserves, house-goods and toys and enjoy bacon rolls and refreshments.
On the same evening, the Dolphin Hotel will host a music night for the branch from 9pm to 11pm.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
Table hire is still available (£6 per table) by calling Ian Rangeley on 07813 04330.