RNLI’s Seaton and Beer District branch celebrates 50 years
- Credit: Archant
The group will host its annual table top sale on Saturday, January 28, in Beer’s Mariners Hall.
The Seaton and Beer District branch of the RNLI will mark 50 years of fundraising next weekend with its annual SOS table-top sale.
To mark the occasion, branch secretary Wendy Cummins has organised a display from the archives.
The group was formed by Barbara Harding in aid of the RNLI. The Arun lifeboat Roy and Barbara Harding was named after her and her late husband, who was trials officer for the RNLI.
Following a successful 2016, the branch will begin its year of fundraising with the sale on Saturday, January 28, in the Mariners Hall from 9am to 13.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be able to browse stalls including bric-a-brac, books, cakes, preserves, house-goods and toys and enjoy bacon rolls and refreshments.
On the same evening, the Dolphin Hotel will host a music night for the branch from 9pm to 11pm.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Table hire is still available (£6 per table) by calling Ian Rangeley on 07813 04330.