Road closed in both directions after accident in New Street Ottery
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Traffic is slow in Ottery this evening after reports of an accident in New Street.
Police are reporting the road is blocked in both directions due to an accident that occurred shortly after 4.20pm today (Monday).
Shortly before 5pm, it was reported traffic was slow and the road closed in New Street and New Lane/Sandhill Street and Furzebrook.
A police spokeswoman said officers were notified at 4.15pm after reports a car collided with a property.
No-one was hurt but police are carrying out enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said: “Police are carrying out enquiries to locate driver of vehicle who left the scene.”
BBC Travel South West tweeted the accident was cleared shortly before 5.40pm.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge