Two car collision blocks road at Sidford
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been taken to hospital with minor injuries following a two vehicle collision in Sidford.
The A3052 was blocked both ways between Core Hill Road and Burscombe Lane following the incident this afternoon (Friday) between a Mini Cooper and a Hyundai.
All three emergency services were called to the scene at 1.10pm. The road is now reopen.
Sidmouth Fire Station sent one engine to the scene after reports of a small vehicle fire.
A fire service spokesman said upon arrival firefighters saw that all persons were clear of the vehicles and that a person was being treated by St John’s Ambulance. He added: “Crews assisted with first aid and made the vehicles safe. Additional information about the casualty was passed to fire control room who contacted ambulance control.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “One person from the Hyundai has been taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital with minor injuries.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge