Road safety a hot issue for Ottery fire-fighters
OTTERY St Mary s fire-fighters hosted a road-safety themed open day at their Canaan Way base on Saturday.
OTTERY St Mary's fire-fighters hosted a road-safety themed open day at their Canaan Way base on Saturday.
The event was arranged with the town's neighbourhood policing team and the Devon Road Safety Partnership.
Highlights of the day included a static car-crash display and rescue demonstration and a hazard perception-test competition which saw winners awarded a free session on the Devon Drivers' Centre skidpan.
Visitors were also able to take advantage of free child car-seat fitting checks.
You may also want to watch:
Escot donated four family tickets which will b handed out to the inners of a fire-engine drawing competition on Monday.
Ottery station commander Gary Shaw praised the turnout.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- Ottery' retained fire-service is on the lookout for new recruits. To apply, call (01392) 872346.