Road safety a hot issue for Ottery fire-fighters
OTTERY St Mary s fire-fighters hosted a road-safety themed open day at their Canaan Way base on Saturday.
OTTERY St Mary's fire-fighters hosted a road-safety themed open day at their Canaan Way base on Saturday.
The event was arranged with the town's neighbourhood policing team and the Devon Road Safety Partnership.
Highlights of the day included a static car-crash display and rescue demonstration and a hazard perception-test competition which saw winners awarded a free session on the Devon Drivers' Centre skidpan.
Visitors were also able to take advantage of free child car-seat fitting checks.
Escot donated four family tickets which will b handed out to the inners of a fire-engine drawing competition on Monday.
Ottery station commander Gary Shaw praised the turnout.
- 1 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 8 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 9 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 10 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- Ottery' retained fire-service is on the lookout for new recruits. To apply, call (01392) 872346.