Roads closed due to bad weather
Snow Update: The entire of East Devon has been hit by a snow storm leaving some roads treacherous and schools closed.
THE entire of East Devon has been hit by a snow storm leaving some roads treacherous and schools closed.
Dozens of motorists have been left stranded around Exeter with the A38 near Exeter between M5 and A3052 closed due to snow.
There is serious backup on the A376 at Exton.
The A303 near Honiton between A358 and A30/A35 and M5 near Exeter between J30 - J31 southbound and A30 near Bodmin between Bodmin and Okehampton are also closed.
The M5 near Bridgewater between J24 - J25 has two southbound lanes closed due to jack-knifed lorry.
The A419 near Swindon between B4040 - B4019 southbound has reduced carriageway capacity due to a jack-knifed lorry and snow.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 3 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 7 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 8 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 9 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 10 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
There is no fuel available on the stretch of A38 between Plymouth and Exeter. Anyone setting out for journey must have adequate fuel or run the risk of breaking down and causing further traffic problems.
The road in Exeter are still very slushy - gritting has been concentrated on the trunk roads and therefore extreme care need to be taken when off these routes. Pedestrians also need to take care when on pavements and not walk on the roads.
The road clearance will be hampered by abandoned vehicles and a large number of trees that have come down in the road.
Gold control has been open at middle since last evening and all the partner agencies are working together, co-ordinated at Middlemoor.
The following are also closed:
A380 Telegraph Hill to Weare Barton
A388 Launceston to Callington
A361 shut at S Molton
The road has been closed between Mullacott Cross and Ilfracombe