Roads closed due to bad weather
Snow Update: The entire of East Devon has been hit by a snow storm leaving some roads treacherous and schools closed.
THE entire of East Devon has been hit by a snow storm leaving some roads treacherous and schools closed.
Dozens of motorists have been left stranded around Exeter with the A38 near Exeter between M5 and A3052 closed due to snow.
There is serious backup on the A376 at Exton.
The A303 near Honiton between A358 and A30/A35 and M5 near Exeter between J30 - J31 southbound and A30 near Bodmin between Bodmin and Okehampton are also closed.
You may also want to watch:
The M5 near Bridgewater between J24 - J25 has two southbound lanes closed due to jack-knifed lorry.
The A419 near Swindon between B4040 - B4019 southbound has reduced carriageway capacity due to a jack-knifed lorry and snow.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
There is no fuel available on the stretch of A38 between Plymouth and Exeter. Anyone setting out for journey must have adequate fuel or run the risk of breaking down and causing further traffic problems.
The road in Exeter are still very slushy - gritting has been concentrated on the trunk roads and therefore extreme care need to be taken when off these routes. Pedestrians also need to take care when on pavements and not walk on the roads.
The road clearance will be hampered by abandoned vehicles and a large number of trees that have come down in the road.
Gold control has been open at middle since last evening and all the partner agencies are working together, co-ordinated at Middlemoor.
The following are also closed:
A380 Telegraph Hill to Weare Barton
A388 Launceston to Callington
A361 shut at S Molton
The road has been closed between Mullacott Cross and Ilfracombe