Roadworks close Sidmouth road for three weeks
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth road will be closed for three weeks while vital gas works take place.
Works on the A375 Sidford Road started today (Monday) and should be completed by the May bank holiday.
The gas company Kier will be replacing part of the gas mains during their repairs. They then plan to return next January to complete the works.
The Axe Valley Mini Travel bus service will also be unable to serve the stops between Sidford Road and Exeter Cross, while the closure is in place.
All other stops will be served as usual, including Sidford Spar and Sidmouth Temple Street.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stuart Hughes said they were works that all had to be done.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight