Robert Crisp art exhibition at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition of new work by the Sidmouth artist Robert Crisp opens at Kennaway House on Friday, October 18.
He is a traditional English oil painter who has shown his work at Kennaway House every year since it reopened after refurbishment in 2009, so this is his 10th anniversary exhibition.
He has developed his skills over the years by capturing the architecture of cities including London, Paris, Prague, Bruges and particularly Venice, one of his favourite locations. In his work he strives to capture the atmosphere and the light.
Mr Crisp's work has been displayed in many private and public galleries including the Mall Gallery and the Royal Academy. His work is in private collections in the UK and abroad.
The Kennaway House exhibition comprises new paintings of Venice, as well as scenes closer to home of Dartmoor, Somerset and Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
It will run until Sunday, October 27, open daily from 10am until 5pm, and admission is free. Paintings, prints and cards will be for sale.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman