Robert Crisp art exhibition at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition of new work by the Sidmouth artist Robert Crisp opens at Kennaway House on Friday, October 18.
He is a traditional English oil painter who has shown his work at Kennaway House every year since it reopened after refurbishment in 2009, so this is his 10th anniversary exhibition.
He has developed his skills over the years by capturing the architecture of cities including London, Paris, Prague, Bruges and particularly Venice, one of his favourite locations. In his work he strives to capture the atmosphere and the light.
Mr Crisp's work has been displayed in many private and public galleries including the Mall Gallery and the Royal Academy. His work is in private collections in the UK and abroad.
The Kennaway House exhibition comprises new paintings of Venice, as well as scenes closer to home of Dartmoor, Somerset and Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
It will run until Sunday, October 27, open daily from 10am until 5pm, and admission is free. Paintings, prints and cards will be for sale.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start