Rocket contest invitation from Sidmouth store
Sidmouth’s Monday’s Child launches rocket-making competition
CHILDREN are invited to spend half term rocketing to success in a new competition run by Sidmouth’s Monday’s Child.
To celebrate its recent refurbishment, staff at the Sidmouth childrenswear shop is asking those under 10 to make and submit a model rocket firework, writes Annie Wallace.
“We know children love making,” said Lisa Thwaite, supervisor. “We hope that as many children as possible will enter.”
The winner will receive a Cozy Plush animal, with the rocket taking pride of place in the store window.
You may also want to watch:
Customers are also encouraged to visit Monday’s Child to view its new look selection of bedding, towels, keepsakes and cuddly toys it now stocks, which Lisa is delighted with.
Closing date for entries, which must be no larger than 60cm, is Saturday, October 29. Rockets should be delivered to the store.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future