Rocket contest invitation from Sidmouth store
Sidmouth’s Monday’s Child launches rocket-making competition
CHILDREN are invited to spend half term rocketing to success in a new competition run by Sidmouth’s Monday’s Child.
To celebrate its recent refurbishment, staff at the Sidmouth childrenswear shop is asking those under 10 to make and submit a model rocket firework, writes Annie Wallace.
“We know children love making,” said Lisa Thwaite, supervisor. “We hope that as many children as possible will enter.”
The winner will receive a Cozy Plush animal, with the rocket taking pride of place in the store window.
You may also want to watch:
Customers are also encouraged to visit Monday’s Child to view its new look selection of bedding, towels, keepsakes and cuddly toys it now stocks, which Lisa is delighted with.
Closing date for entries, which must be no larger than 60cm, is Saturday, October 29. Rockets should be delivered to the store.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses