Ros and Dave raise £1,172 at final coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising couple from Newton Poppleford had an ‘emotional’ send-off after raising £1,172 at their last-ever coffee morning.
Dave and Ros Hancock began fundraising for Hospiscare 13 years ago and to date have raised more than £36,000 for the charity.
The couple dressed up in festive costumes to welcome more than 100 people to the coffee morning on Saturday.
Ros, 82, said: “It was a very emotional morning. We just thought we would do it [the coffee mornings] a couple of times, but time goes so fast that you do not realise until it comes up to coffee morning time again.
“I would have loved to go on, but it’s too much for me. It’s one of those things that has to come to an end.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank-you to everyone for coming and to everyone that has supported us over the years.”
Dave, 77, said he will continue to raise money for Hospiscare at car boot sales for as long as he can.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Patrick Beasley, president of Hospiscare, attended the event to thank the couple for their support.
Lauren Mercer, community fundraiser for Hospiscare, said: “Ros and Dave have worked so hard to promote Hospiscare in their local community, which was clear to see from the amount of people that came to support their last coffee morning – there was hardly room to move in Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
“Throughout the morning, there was a warm and loving atmosphere. It was clear to see that Hospiscare is very dear to the hearts of Ros and Dave and their commitment has been infectious.”
Anyone who wishes to take over the running of the coffee morning can contact Hospiscare fundraising team on 01392 688020.