Beneficiaries announced for Swimathon 2019
- Credit: Clarissa Place
Swimmers are once again being recruited to go to great lengths for charity in this year’s Swimathon.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth has announced it will be supporting the Admiral Nurse appeal, Sidmouth Lifeboat and Gateway Homeless Action Group.
Organiser Nigel Sharp is hoping the event will be even stronger than before by encouraging organisations and businesses to take part in the event in October.
Proceeds raised on the day by the teams will be split between the three causes. Last year's event raised £9,300.
Sidmouth Golf Club is entering four teams on the day to raise money for Cancer Research UK on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The swimathon will return to Sidmouth Swimming Pool on Saturday, October 5.
Team captains will be sent entry sheets and sponsorship forms in the coming months and book their time slot.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
To sign up, contact Nigel on 07725 894395.