Rotary Club’s Christmas sleigh set to start Ottery tour and other news
The Rotary Club of Otter Valley will be taking Father Christmas and his sled on a tour of the area starting next week. Read this and more.
SANTA TOUR: The Rotary Club of Otter Valley will be taking Father Christmas and his sled on a tour of the area starting next week.
Santa will be at Ottery east on December 3, west of the town two days later, and Broadclyst on Thursday, December 6.
It will also be in Whimple on Thursday, December 13, Feniton on December 18, as well as being on hand for the Christmas light switch-on in Ottery tonight, and at Sainsbury’s on December 21.
You may also want to watch:
CHRISTMAS FAYRE: Ottery St Mary Bowling Club is holding its annual Christmas Fayre at the Institute on Friday, December 7.
It has free entry with a range of stalls including crafts and books, and refreshments will be available.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Tables cost �5 for to book, contact Derek on 01404 814659 for more information.
VOLUNTEERS: Ottery St Mary Help Scheme is looking for volunteers to help out the charity gibe assistance to people in the community. Anybody interested should contact Jane on 01404 816700.
CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Ottery St Mary Choral Society is hosting its annual Christmas Concert at the Parish Church on Saturday, December 8.
The main choral work will be Schubert’s mass in G and the society will also be performing some festive carols.
Afterwards there will be a chance for a festive drink and a mince pie, and tickets are available from Stagestruck. For more information contact Liz on 1404 42116.