Rotary give �2,000 to flooded tennis club
Newton Poppleford Tennis Club has been handed �2,000 to help renovate the facilities after flood damage.
The Rotary Club of Otter Valley obtained considerable funds to help rebuild Tipton St John’s tennis club after the floods devastated it several years ago.
The club said having heard about this, the Newton Poppleford and Harpford tennis players also approached the Rotarians for assistance, after their courts suffered a similar disaster.
A spokesman for Otter Valley rotary Club said: “The Community Committee felt that the request merited action, and so contacted Rotary International Britain and Ireland’s (RIBI) Emergencies Fund holder.
“They agreed with Otter Valley that the case merited support and released monies accordingly.”
You may also want to watch:
So last weekend its president, Paul Shingler, handed over a cheque for �2,000 to the tennis club chairman, Chris Burhop, its secretary David Zirker, and founder member and former chair Jane Colman.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses