Royal invitation for Sidbury villager
QUITE a few Sid Valley residents will be attending Buckingham Palace this summer and a well known Sidbury face will be among them. Sue Gooding, 56, who was brought up in the village but now lives in Wiggaton has been invited to a garden party at the Queen
QUITE a few Sid Valley residents will be attending Buckingham Palace this summer and a well known Sidbury face will be among them.
Sue Gooding, 56, who was brought up in the village but now lives in Wiggaton has been invited to a garden party at the Queen's official residence this month.
She and her husband, Gordon, will be joining Sidbury residents Rosemary and Dave Sowden, who have also been invited to the prestigious event by the Queen.
Sue said it was a great surprise when the invitation came through her letterbox.
You may also want to watch:
"I have an idea who nominated me but I'm not sure!" she said.
Sue moved to Lower Wolston farm in Wiggaton 11 years ago but is still very involved in Sidbury village life and is a member of several groups including the Village Hall Committee, Sidbury Fair Committee and St Giles' Church Choir.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
She is also chairman of Sidbury into Drama and in the past has run the Sidbury Brownie Pack and was a founder member of the then Sidbury Youth Club.
It is an eventful month for Sue and Gordon, who, as well as attending the garden party, will also be celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary.
Sue added: "We are looking forward to it very much and we are very excited. It is a very nice anniversary present.