Royal invitation for Sidbury villager
QUITE a few Sid Valley residents will be attending Buckingham Palace this summer and a well known Sidbury face will be among them. Sue Gooding, 56, who was brought up in the village but now lives in Wiggaton has been invited to a garden party at the Queen
QUITE a few Sid Valley residents will be attending Buckingham Palace this summer and a well known Sidbury face will be among them.
Sue Gooding, 56, who was brought up in the village but now lives in Wiggaton has been invited to a garden party at the Queen's official residence this month.
She and her husband, Gordon, will be joining Sidbury residents Rosemary and Dave Sowden, who have also been invited to the prestigious event by the Queen.
Sue said it was a great surprise when the invitation came through her letterbox.
You may also want to watch:
"I have an idea who nominated me but I'm not sure!" she said.
Sue moved to Lower Wolston farm in Wiggaton 11 years ago but is still very involved in Sidbury village life and is a member of several groups including the Village Hall Committee, Sidbury Fair Committee and St Giles' Church Choir.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
She is also chairman of Sidbury into Drama and in the past has run the Sidbury Brownie Pack and was a founder member of the then Sidbury Youth Club.
It is an eventful month for Sue and Gordon, who, as well as attending the garden party, will also be celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary.
Sue added: "We are looking forward to it very much and we are very excited. It is a very nice anniversary present.