Royal Marines on epic challenge thank Sidmouth store
- Credit: Archant
Royal Marines on an epic 100-day endurance challenge have thanked a Sidmouth supermarket for helping them raise more than £300.
A team raising money for the Royal Marines Charity is running 16.64 miles every day to give a total of 1,664 miles and to mark the year the corps was born.
The Tuesday leg saw them take the coast path to Branscombe before finishing at Waitrose in Sidmouth.
The event will culminate at Buckingham Palace, where Prince Philip will greet and congratulate the team.
A spokesman said: “Without the support of Waitrose, we would have been unable to raise in excess of £300 for our cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The thanks of the Royal Marines go to the Sidmouth branch team for their support.”
If you missed the challenge and still wish to donate, please text GLOB17 £5 to 70070 (network charges may apply).
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead