Ottery pupils celebrate with annual dance tradition
- Credit: Archant
Ottery pupils pulled on their dancing shoes to perform for proud parents at the primary school’s annual celebration of dance.
The tradition got under way on Friday, June 28, with a rendition of the Ottery song followed by the parade and coronation of the royal party.
King Jacob and Queen Ella were joined by royal courtiers Lady Evelyn and Lord Finley in the royal tent.
The royal party said they felt 'happy and proud' to have been voted King and Queen by their fellow pupils.
Linda North returned as a special guest for the event which saw performances from every year group.
You may also want to watch:
The day finished with a performance by the whole school before they tucked into a picnic.
Headteacher Mark Gilronan said: "The children have been practicing hard and I am always impressed with the skills, abilities and enthusiasm they demonstrate."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
The school thanked the PTA for selling ice-creams.