Rubbish prompts another beach clean
- Credit: Archant
The SidCombers’ beach clean is normally fortnightly, but there was so much rubbish last weekend they will be out again for another sweep tomorrow (Saturday).
Sidmouth in Bloom chairman Lynette Talbot will be leading volunteers from 2pm to 4pm and they are asked to meet at the west end of the promenade bus shelters.
The Sidcombers received RHS In Your Neighbourhood ‘Outstanding’ awards in 2013 and 2014 for their work on the beach and in 2015 won the London and Manchester Environmental Cup for the shingle garden.
Volunteers are asked to wear sensible clothes and gloves and take along a bucket. Plastic bags will be provided.
For more information, contact Lynette on 01395 578081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The next beach clean will be on February 13, from 2pm to 4pm.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98