Rugby club plans for Sidford pavilion
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council s planning committee.
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council's planning committee.
The pavilion will be of a "modest" size, says Challice Architects Ltd., in its design statement to East Devon District Council.
It will be sited adjacent to existing changing rooms and will offer shelter during bad weather and somewhere for visiting teams to have drinks and snacks.
The club, says Challice, boasts one of the largest junior sections in Devon, with more than 250 players ranging from under 7's to under 16's.
You may also want to watch:
"All these age groups have teams that play competitive matches both home and away throughout the season," says the report.
At present, refreshments are often provided at the Blackmore ground in Sidmouth, which involves people travelling there after matches.
- 1 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 2 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 10 Sidmouth poised for a title push
"The proposed building would address this need and provide a flexible room to enable physiotherapy, rehabilitation and tactical teaching during senior training sessions," reports Challice.
It is also proposed to replace parking lost by the creation of the cycle path and add extra parking spaces.