Rugby club plans for Sidford pavilion
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council s planning committee.
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council's planning committee.
The pavilion will be of a "modest" size, says Challice Architects Ltd., in its design statement to East Devon District Council.
It will be sited adjacent to existing changing rooms and will offer shelter during bad weather and somewhere for visiting teams to have drinks and snacks.
The club, says Challice, boasts one of the largest junior sections in Devon, with more than 250 players ranging from under 7's to under 16's.
"All these age groups have teams that play competitive matches both home and away throughout the season," says the report.
At present, refreshments are often provided at the Blackmore ground in Sidmouth, which involves people travelling there after matches.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Folk choir's stage show impresses audience at Folk Festival
- 8 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 9 Lifeboat crews join forces to aid broken-down motor boat
"The proposed building would address this need and provide a flexible room to enable physiotherapy, rehabilitation and tactical teaching during senior training sessions," reports Challice.
It is also proposed to replace parking lost by the creation of the cycle path and add extra parking spaces.