Rugby club plans for Sidford pavilion
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council s planning committee.
AMENDMENTS to proposals by Sidmouth Rugby Club to build a single storey pavilion at Sidford Playing Fields have been supported by Sidmouth Town Council's planning committee.
The pavilion will be of a "modest" size, says Challice Architects Ltd., in its design statement to East Devon District Council.
It will be sited adjacent to existing changing rooms and will offer shelter during bad weather and somewhere for visiting teams to have drinks and snacks.
The club, says Challice, boasts one of the largest junior sections in Devon, with more than 250 players ranging from under 7's to under 16's.
You may also want to watch:
"All these age groups have teams that play competitive matches both home and away throughout the season," says the report.
At present, refreshments are often provided at the Blackmore ground in Sidmouth, which involves people travelling there after matches.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
"The proposed building would address this need and provide a flexible room to enable physiotherapy, rehabilitation and tactical teaching during senior training sessions," reports Challice.
It is also proposed to replace parking lost by the creation of the cycle path and add extra parking spaces.