THE team at Sidmouth s Britannia branch have raised nearly �1,100 for the Alzheimer s Society. During the past year it has been putting the fun into fundraising to help the care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers.
THE team at Sidmouth's Britannia branch have raised nearly �1,100 for the Alzheimer's Society.
During the past year it has been putting the fun into fundraising to help the care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers.
Manager Helen Taylor said: "It was great fun raising money for Alzheimer's Society. The Britannia team in Sidmouth raised almost �1,100 through book sales, raffles, a quiz night and even a parachute jump!
"In total, Britannia raised more than �400,000 for the charity during its corporate charity fundraising year.
You may also want to watch:
"The response and support from members of the community has been absolutely brilliant and we would like to thank everyone for digging deep and helping us to reach this fantastic total!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"