New assistant manager at Ottery business
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ottery restaurant has added to its team through the appointment of a new assistant manager.
Sarah Davidson has joined the Rusty Pig team, saying if she was not a strict vegetarian she would eat at the award-winning eatery.
The Exeter University student applied after meeting friends at the Yonder Street business for a drink and chatting to front-of-house manager Agata Domareckacka.
The assistant manager has recently finished her degree in anthropology and as part of her job she will be involved with the restaurant's day to day running and event management.
Miss Davidson said: "I was impressed by the ethics and cool ambiance of the restaurant and thought it would be a great opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
"My mother is a cook and I've always been interested in food. And although I don't eat meat, if I did, I would eat it the Rusty Pig way. I love that the restaurant uses only local produce sourced from small suppliers."
Owner Robin Rea said: "Rusty Pig has had a bumper year of catering for weddings so Sarah has been a welcome addition to the team.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
"She's genuinely engaged with what we're achieving in terms of ethics and promoting local produce."