Ottery restaurant serves up gold at Taste of the West
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ottery restaurant is toasting more success after claiming gold at Taste of the West.
The Rusty Pig, in Yonder Street, was awarded gold in the latest round of the competition in the restaurant category.
Taste of the West receives hundreds of food and drink entries from producers across the South West and awards prizes ranging from highly commended to the coveted gold.
Robin Rea, the eatery's founder and chef, was at Sidmouth Folk Festival when he received the news.
He said: "We were quite a late entry into this year's awards schedule, and the whole team is thrilled that we have been judged worthy of a gold.
You may also want to watch:
"When the news came through, I was at the folk festival in Sidmouth where Rusty Pig was the main caterer on the Ham for the first time. I just had to enjoy a glass of Rusty Pig fizz to celebrate."
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start