Developer says affordable housing not viable for Ottery hotel site
- Credit: Archant
No affordable housing would be included if a new application gets the go ahead to build 16 houses on the former Salston Manor hotel site.
A full application has been submitted for the Grade II listed building for the homes and extension works to create three extra flats.
In a viability statement, architect Keith Wotton said it was regretable that no affordable housing could be offered as the added cost would make the scheme ‘completely unviable’.
Ottery Town Council’s planning committee will discuss the application on Monday.
The developer Salston Manor Developments Ltd has permission from a previous application to create 27 apartments and retains the right to build them if the new proposal is refused.
You may also want to watch:
The new alterative application includes parking, a swimming pool, gynasium and tennis court.
East Devon District Council will decide the fate of the application.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride