SALTY Monk B & B finalist for south west tourism awards
THE SALTY Monk in Sidford was selected as a finalist for the prestigious Taste of the South West Award 2008. The owners of the popular hotel and restaurant found out on Monday that it was selected as a finalist by South West Tourism Excellence Awards. The
THE SALTY Monk in Sidford was selected as a finalist for the prestigious Taste of the South West Award 2008.
The owners of the popular hotel and restaurant found out on Monday that it was selected as a finalist by South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
The Excellence Awards celebrate 'the best in the South West' and aim to promote and reward the very best in the tourism industry.
The finalists have been invited to the awards event on Wednesday, November 24, at Cadbury House Hotel and Spa in Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Annette and Andy Witheridge, who own the Salty Monk, are very pleased with the result.
Annette said: "It is great to be a finalist and it really helps the motivation of our staff and ourselves.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
"It's nice for the customers as we are continuing to push forwards and to improve."
Earlier this year the Salty Monk was awarded Bed and Breakfast of the Year 2008 in the national competition by Enjoy England after winning gold in the south west category last year.
As a result Annette was asked to be a judge for the bed and breakfast category in this year's south west awards.
She added: "It was very nice being a judge and you learn a lot.
"It was nice to help people to win something that we won last year. Everyone who won was thrilled and many people contacted me to say how happy they were.