Salty Monk scoops two awards
THE SALTY Monk in Sidford has won two awards in the restaurant category in the Taste of the West Awards 2008. The popular restaurant and bed and breakfast won gold for bed and breakfast and a silver award in the restaurant category. Annette and Andy Withe
THE SALTY Monk in Sidford has won two awards in the restaurant category in the Taste of the West Awards 2008.
The popular restaurant and bed and breakfast won gold for bed and breakfast and a silver award in the restaurant category.
Annette and Andy Witheridge, who own the Salty Monk, are very pleased with the result.
Annette said: "We are really pleased and it is another feather in our cap. It is really nice to get another gold award. Last year we didn't get through to this stage.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a good motivational tool and it's important to keep on top of the game."
The Salty Monk has had a successful year as it was selected as a finalist for the prestigious Taste of the South West Award 2008.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
It was also awarded Bed and Breakfast of the Year 2008 in the national competition by Enjoy England after winning gold in the south west category last year.