Sanctuary staff go ‘mos’ for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A pair of ‘mo bros’ at The Donkey Sanctuary are letting their facial hair grow freely for Movember – as they raise money for another charity.
Alan Brown and Steven Millar have been teased for their handlebar moustaches, but they are powering through, knowing the money will go to a worthy cause.
They are supporting Sidmouth Hospiscare, a charity that has cared for a number of their friends in the latter stages of their lives.
“It’s a really good cause,” said Alan, the manager of the Trow Farm site. “We’ve had some colleagues who have used it and the staff really helped them.
“We asked a few others to join in but anyone who’s not growing a moustache is supporting us.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know if I’ll stick with mine – we get a lot of laughs. People say we look like the guys off the 118 adverts!”
Steve said his wife just laughs at his moustache.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
He and Alan have raised around £300 so far.
To sponsor the duo, visit: www.justgiving.com/AlanBrown donkeyMovember.