Sanctuary staff go ‘mos’ for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A pair of ‘mo bros’ at The Donkey Sanctuary are letting their facial hair grow freely for Movember – as they raise money for another charity.
Alan Brown and Steven Millar have been teased for their handlebar moustaches, but they are powering through, knowing the money will go to a worthy cause.
They are supporting Sidmouth Hospiscare, a charity that has cared for a number of their friends in the latter stages of their lives.
“It’s a really good cause,” said Alan, the manager of the Trow Farm site. “We’ve had some colleagues who have used it and the staff really helped them.
“We asked a few others to join in but anyone who’s not growing a moustache is supporting us.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know if I’ll stick with mine – we get a lot of laughs. People say we look like the guys off the 118 adverts!”
Steve said his wife just laughs at his moustache.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
He and Alan have raised around £300 so far.
To sponsor the duo, visit: www.justgiving.com/AlanBrown donkeyMovember.