Sanctuary staff go ‘mos’ for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
A pair of ‘mo bros’ at The Donkey Sanctuary are letting their facial hair grow freely for Movember – as they raise money for another charity.
Alan Brown and Steven Millar have been teased for their handlebar moustaches, but they are powering through, knowing the money will go to a worthy cause.
They are supporting Sidmouth Hospiscare, a charity that has cared for a number of their friends in the latter stages of their lives.
“It’s a really good cause,” said Alan, the manager of the Trow Farm site. “We’ve had some colleagues who have used it and the staff really helped them.
“We asked a few others to join in but anyone who’s not growing a moustache is supporting us.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know if I’ll stick with mine – we get a lot of laughs. People say we look like the guys off the 118 adverts!”
Steve said his wife just laughs at his moustache.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
He and Alan have raised around £300 so far.
To sponsor the duo, visit: www.justgiving.com/AlanBrown donkeyMovember.