Santa will be swapping reindeers for donkeys this Christmas time
- Credit: Archant
Wish ‘mule-tide’ greetings to your family with a trio of events at the Donkey Sanctuary.
The opening event is the Christmas Fair on the weekend of November 24 and 25 and is the ideal way to kick start your festive season.
Entrance to the fair costs £2 per person with under 12s going free.
On the same weekend, the sanctuary will open its doors for Walter’s Winter Checklist.
Walter is a donkey at the sanctuary and you can find out what special treatment he and his friends need to keep healthy and warm in the winter.
You may also want to watch:
The trail will run through winter and costs £3 including a prize and certificate.
In the final run up to Christmas, thousands of candles will illuminate the centre for Carols by Candlelight. The 45-minute carol service will be preceded by a host of merry tunes.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
The service will take place surrounded by friendly donkeys and will commence at 5pm, on December 14.