Santa will be swapping reindeers for donkeys this Christmas time
- Credit: Archant
Wish ‘mule-tide’ greetings to your family with a trio of events at the Donkey Sanctuary.
The opening event is the Christmas Fair on the weekend of November 24 and 25 and is the ideal way to kick start your festive season.
Entrance to the fair costs £2 per person with under 12s going free.
On the same weekend, the sanctuary will open its doors for Walter’s Winter Checklist.
Walter is a donkey at the sanctuary and you can find out what special treatment he and his friends need to keep healthy and warm in the winter.
You may also want to watch:
The trail will run through winter and costs £3 including a prize and certificate.
In the final run up to Christmas, thousands of candles will illuminate the centre for Carols by Candlelight. The 45-minute carol service will be preceded by a host of merry tunes.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The service will take place surrounded by friendly donkeys and will commence at 5pm, on December 14.