Santa will be swapping reindeers for donkeys this Christmas time
- Credit: Archant
Wish ‘mule-tide’ greetings to your family with a trio of events at the Donkey Sanctuary.
The opening event is the Christmas Fair on the weekend of November 24 and 25 and is the ideal way to kick start your festive season.
Entrance to the fair costs £2 per person with under 12s going free.
On the same weekend, the sanctuary will open its doors for Walter’s Winter Checklist.
Walter is a donkey at the sanctuary and you can find out what special treatment he and his friends need to keep healthy and warm in the winter.
You may also want to watch:
The trail will run through winter and costs £3 including a prize and certificate.
In the final run up to Christmas, thousands of candles will illuminate the centre for Carols by Candlelight. The 45-minute carol service will be preceded by a host of merry tunes.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
The service will take place surrounded by friendly donkeys and will commence at 5pm, on December 14.