School crossing patrol staff needed
- Credit: Archant
Devon County Council (DCC) has started a search for school crossing patrol staff for Sidmouth Primary School.
The patrol officer is required to work between five to seven hours per week during the school term, helping children and parents cross busy roads.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, DCC cabinet member for highway management, said: “School crossing patrols play an important role and they are highly valued by the county council and local communities.
“It’s a shame that there are 17 vacant sites across Devon.
“There must be people out there who would consider taking on this rewarding job.”
You may also want to watch:
To apply for the job, visit devon.cc/scp.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again