First look of Sidbury Primary School revamp
- Credit: Archant
Children have spacious covered decking area outside their classrooms
Children at Sidbury Primary school are benefiting from a revamp of the building.
The school has a new purpose-built classroom and a spacious, covered area of decking, for both work and play.
The decked area has been designed in such a way that all three of the adjoining classrooms can access it.
Headteacher Charlotte Hill said: “It means all the children in Early Years and Key Stage One can now access indoor and outdoor activities at all times.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the purpose-built classroom, used by the Early Years Foundation Stage, has floor-to-ceiling windows and has been decorated in a simple, natural way to give the children a calm learning environment.
“The new space allows the children to access various activities and the parents are overjoyed with it,” she said, adding that parents had done some “fantastic” fundraising to buy new play equipment.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
The official opening date of the facilities will be announced soon.