Schools across Devon close due to weather warning
- Credit: Archant
A red weather warning has been issued by the Met Office for across Devon resulting in more schools shutting down for the day.
Schools have been getting in touch with parents and students to say they are closed, as Storm Emma looks set to bring heavy snow to the area.
Newton Poppleford, Sidmouth, Sidbury, West Hill, Ottery, Beer and Branscombe primary schools have all announced they will be closed this morning.
Sidmouth College, The King’s School and Apple Tree Pre-school in Sidmouth are also shut,
Schools due to be closed today are:
You may also want to watch:
Lympstone C of E Primary School
Plymtree C of E Primary School,
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Mill Water School
Upottery Primary School
Awliscombe C of E Primary School
Payhembury C of E Primary School
Offwell C of E Primary School
Honiton Primary School
Farway C of E Primary School
Broadhembury C of E Primary School
Cranbrook Education Campus
Membury Primary Academy
All Saints C of E Primary School
Withycombe Raleigh C of E Primary School, in Exmouth
Musbury Primary School
Woodbury C of E Primary School
More schools are being added to the list of closures for the day.
For the latest list of schools across the county that will not be open, click here.