Adult volunteers needed at Ottery Scout Group
- Credit: Archant
‘You don’t have to be Bear Grylls’, according to scout group leader John Green, as he appeals for more over-18s to join his team.
The 1st Ottery St Mary Friday night scout group is looking for adult volunteers to help plan and provide exciting activities and experiences for young people aged 10 to 14.
Mr Green said: “Volunteering is both fun and rewarding, allowing you to feel empowered and giving you a sense of pride.
“It also looks great on your CV.
“Scouting aims to have a real and positive impact on the lives of our young people, our volunteers and our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
No experience is needed, but volunteers need good communication skills, patience and a sense of humour.
They will receive free on-going training, including nationally-recognised qualifications including first aid and safeguarding, and opportunities to expand their personal skills and qualifications.
For further information email John Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or message via the group Facebook page www.facebook.com/otteryscouts
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman