Scouts fete raises £1,500
- Credit: Archant
THE 1st Sid Vale Scout Group’s annual fete on Sunday raised around £1,500 for the cause.
Stalls, entertainment and games such as ‘hoopla’, a coconut shy, and ‘hook-a-duck’ were all plentiful at The Ham – with festivities boosted by the hot weather.
Sidmouth College principal Kenny Duncan kicked off the event with the firing of a cannon - as this year’s fun had a pirate theme.
Scouts chairman Gareth Hughes said: “It was a success and very upbeat with about £1,500 raised.”
The proceeds will help fund everyday scout operations.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth expressed his gratitude to all the people who helped make the event a success. Postman Barry Morton, Sidmouth’s Citizen of the Year award’, was up at 5am to help set up the event.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC