Scouts fete raises £1,500
- Credit: Archant
THE 1st Sid Vale Scout Group’s annual fete on Sunday raised around £1,500 for the cause.
Stalls, entertainment and games such as ‘hoopla’, a coconut shy, and ‘hook-a-duck’ were all plentiful at The Ham – with festivities boosted by the hot weather.
Sidmouth College principal Kenny Duncan kicked off the event with the firing of a cannon - as this year’s fun had a pirate theme.
Scouts chairman Gareth Hughes said: “It was a success and very upbeat with about £1,500 raised.”
The proceeds will help fund everyday scout operations.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth expressed his gratitude to all the people who helped make the event a success. Postman Barry Morton, Sidmouth’s Citizen of the Year award’, was up at 5am to help set up the event.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop