Scouts gear up for big Ottery jumble sale
- Credit: Archant
Despite the bad weather Ottery Scouts are all ready to go with their giant annual jumble sale tomorrow.
This year the group is hoping for a bumper total as it tries to reach a target of £90,000 to pay for a new headquarters in Winter’s Lane.
An army of eager helpers have been out and about around Ottery, West Hill and other villages collecting jumble over the past couple of weeks, and the first part of the sale will get underway tomorrow afternoon.
Group Scout Leader John Green said unless there is another downpour of snow overnight it should go ahead as planned, adding with the bad winter weather the sale could be the perfect time to find a nice warm coat, a shovel or perhaps a pair of skis.
It kicks of at 11am with a book sale at the Coleridge Primary School, before the main sale begins at 1.30pm in the Institute and the Old Boy’s School opposite, with an auction of the best lots at 2.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday will see the sale of clothes and other household items, again starting at 1.30pm.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support