Scouts gear up for big Ottery jumble sale
- Credit: Archant
Despite the bad weather Ottery Scouts are all ready to go with their giant annual jumble sale tomorrow.
This year the group is hoping for a bumper total as it tries to reach a target of £90,000 to pay for a new headquarters in Winter’s Lane.
An army of eager helpers have been out and about around Ottery, West Hill and other villages collecting jumble over the past couple of weeks, and the first part of the sale will get underway tomorrow afternoon.
Group Scout Leader John Green said unless there is another downpour of snow overnight it should go ahead as planned, adding with the bad winter weather the sale could be the perfect time to find a nice warm coat, a shovel or perhaps a pair of skis.
It kicks of at 11am with a book sale at the Coleridge Primary School, before the main sale begins at 1.30pm in the Institute and the Old Boy’s School opposite, with an auction of the best lots at 2.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday will see the sale of clothes and other household items, again starting at 1.30pm.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences