Scouts get cash boost from Co-op
- Credit: Archant
Scouts in Sidmouth were given a boost by Co-operative members after they were handed a cheque for £1,000 on Saturday.
The group received the cash boost from the store’s Community Fund, a pot of money accumulated by its member customers who donate their annual dividend to good causes.
It is then distributed by local area committees, and Nancy Craven, Group Scout Leader at 1st Sid Vale Scouts, said it will be used to buy a grill and a troop tent.
Sidmouth store manager Mick Alphonse and Christina Gittins from the Co-op presented her with the cheque for £1,000.
“Funding is becoming ever harder to secure, therefore we were delighted to hear that we were successful in securing this grant from The Co-operative,” she said
You may also want to watch:
“The cash has made a huge difference to our group, and it means all the more knowing that the money has been donated by local people.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka