Scouts get cash boost from Co-op
- Credit: Archant
Scouts in Sidmouth were given a boost by Co-operative members after they were handed a cheque for £1,000 on Saturday.
The group received the cash boost from the store’s Community Fund, a pot of money accumulated by its member customers who donate their annual dividend to good causes.
It is then distributed by local area committees, and Nancy Craven, Group Scout Leader at 1st Sid Vale Scouts, said it will be used to buy a grill and a troop tent.
Sidmouth store manager Mick Alphonse and Christina Gittins from the Co-op presented her with the cheque for £1,000.
“Funding is becoming ever harder to secure, therefore we were delighted to hear that we were successful in securing this grant from The Co-operative,” she said
You may also want to watch:
“The cash has made a huge difference to our group, and it means all the more knowing that the money has been donated by local people.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view