Scouts’ HQ progress
- Credit: Archant
1st Sid Vale Scouts are on the road to a new home
Work is under way to build the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group’s new headquarters.
The group has until December before its planning permission runs out and has started by digging the driveway.
Brian Manwaring, John Rohrabaugh, Ian Lawes and chairman Gareth Hughes started work at Salcombe Regis Recreational Field on Monday, which included installing a gate.
Gareth said: “We welcome any assistance in terms of equipment or help.”
You may also want to watch:
The group were grateful for an extra hand after Castle Plant and Tool Hire in Alexandria Road lent them a digger to help pull up the earth.
Ninety tonnes of materials have already been delivered for the driveway and another 250 were set to arrive this week.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Foundation work is set to begin in November and the group is looking for any extra help from members of the community and local businesses.”
The new HQ will benefit a total of 129 scouts, explorers, cubs and beavers and the group’s bid is being supported with a Herald campaign.