Scouts’ HQ progress
- Credit: Archant
1st Sid Vale Scouts are on the road to a new home
Work is under way to build the 1st Sid Vale Scout Group’s new headquarters.
The group has until December before its planning permission runs out and has started by digging the driveway.
Brian Manwaring, John Rohrabaugh, Ian Lawes and chairman Gareth Hughes started work at Salcombe Regis Recreational Field on Monday, which included installing a gate.
Gareth said: “We welcome any assistance in terms of equipment or help.”
You may also want to watch:
The group were grateful for an extra hand after Castle Plant and Tool Hire in Alexandria Road lent them a digger to help pull up the earth.
Ninety tonnes of materials have already been delivered for the driveway and another 250 were set to arrive this week.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Foundation work is set to begin in November and the group is looking for any extra help from members of the community and local businesses.”
The new HQ will benefit a total of 129 scouts, explorers, cubs and beavers and the group’s bid is being supported with a Herald campaign.