Congratula-gins! Sidmouth Gin scoops gold award
- Credit: Archant
Congratula-gins are in order for one Sidmouth business as it now boasts two award winning liquors.
John Hammond won gold for his sea truffle Sidmouth Gin at the Food and Drink Devon Awards on Monday (October 7).
It comes a year after the business won its first ever award for its Seashore gin variety, which scooped silver from Taste of the West.
Mr Hammond, who runs The Dairy Shop, in Church Street, teamed up with Ebbtides Tony Coulson to use sea truffle gathered from the seafront to infuse with the alcohol.
On the night, Mr Coulson won silver at the awards for his Oishii Earth seaweed sprinkles.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hammond said: "When we got the silver award last year it was our first year and to get silver it says we have a gin that's worthwhile.
"Now we have gold for the sea truffle, we have two award winning gins now and we are doing it right when it comes to our flavours.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
"It's really encouraging. We want people to talk about our gin.
"It's a real taste of Sidmouth, you can get it from our beaches. We are really proud of it."
The business has now branched out into rum and vodka.